There are two dimensions to mental health: lack of mental illness and presence of personality that effectively contributes to the community. Many aspects of mental health are supported by spirituality, such as
- acceptance of uncertainty
- serenity to accept things we can't change
- courage to change things that we do have control of
- knowing the difference between what we can and can't control
- harmonious relationships to self and others (including nature)
Therefore, spiritual health is important for mental health. For more on spirituality and mental health, look here and be sure to check out the Activism and Overview pages for ideas on how to support spiritual health.