Networking Is the Number One Way People Find Work.
You probably already have a network, but just need tips on how to expand that network and get the most out of it.
Chris Miller, Career counselor for Global Campus, walks you through the process in the webinar to the left.
- How to create your elevator speech - clear and short message (about 30 seconds) that shares who you are and what you're seeking to accomplish.
- Systematic Networking and myths - The 4 goals, DECIDE, PREPARE, TALK, and LAND
- Networking Tools - LinkedIn, informational interviews, Cougar Business Network, and more.
The Power of Networking
Do you struggle with starting a conversation?
Andrew Griffiths discusses in this Tedx Talk, to the right, about how to build impactful connections through networking.
- It's not what you know it's who you know - not all of us grow up with family connections, but we can use networking to create meaningful impacts on our connections.
- Take your connections seriously - every person you meet have a network of connections and that opens up a network of connections to you.
- Don't be afraid of rejection - People go to networking event sto meet and create a network. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself.
What other benefits can networking provide?
- Learn about jobs that you didn't know existed.
- Make connections with potential employers.
- Practice communication skills.