Leave No Trace
Pack It In, Pack It Out
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is a national organization that protects the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly. The webinar above, presented by Jennifer Johnson and Mary Aletta, is relevant to anyone that is looking to enjoy the outdoors without harming the environment or creatures in it.
- emphasis on frontcountry, kids, and local audiences
- focus on people as solutions and empower
- soil and vegetation impacts
- wildlife and water impacts
- culture impacts
- related research
- The 7 Principles
Hey Fourth Graders!
- If you are in the 4th grade (or home school equivalent) you qualify for a free pass to the National Parks.
- The pass covers family as well (children under 16 and 3 adults).
- Research shows that kids ages 9-11 are starting to learn about their environment and are open to new ideas, so 4th grade is the best time to start exposing them to national parks!
- The Every Kid In a Park website also includes a "plan a trip" function to make organizing your options easier.
- Amtrak offers a 75% off discount on train tickets when an adult buys a full priced ticket.
- Educators can get passes for their students. Check to see if you qualify as a 4th grade educator.
- Every Kid In a Park provides activity guides to deliver lessons effectively.